|Lokasi||:||Seminar Room, 5th Floor, Graduate School of Universitas Gadjah Mada.|
|Kontak||:||SOAC: Tania (+62 812-2456-789)|
|Agenda||:||Wednesday,16 November 2016 - Thursday,17 November 2016|
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) was established on 8 August 1967 in Bangkok, Thailand, with the signing of the ASEAN Declaration. Its aim and purpose were to enhance mutual cooperation and development within economic, security, and cultural sector. One of ASEAN’s great achievements was the establishment of the ASEAN Community, it has been confronting yet beneficial towards ASEAN member states. Hence, to get an eyeful upon the incidents throughout the past years and evaluating its development. It is crucial for us to consider the alteration in order to create better and stronger regional stabilization.
“Symposium on ASEAN Community” will critically investigate the significance of the implementations throughout the past year of the ASEAN Community in order to establish a better transformation of the region. In addition, the 2016 symposium will discuss on the knowledge and insights of the evaluation and its hope upon the ASEAN Community from four layers; professionals, agency, governments, and its people (society). The symposium will systematically address four inter-related major issues as outlined below:
Prof. Dr. Pratikno, M.Soc.Sc.
Minister of State Secretary of the Republic of Indonesia
Day 1, 16 November 2016, 09.30 – 17.00 WIB
BUSINESS, GOVERNMENT, AND SOCIETY (BGS) FORUM
This forum aims to see the participation of actors in practical way for the existence of ASEAN Community. It gathers business, government, and society as an actor who gain benefit and contribute to the engagement of the region.
Moderator: Dr. Wawan Mas’udi
- Indonesian Television Academy; Agus Sudibyo,
- The Indonesian People’s Handicraft Foundation, Amir Panzuri; and,
- Professor in Public Administration Studies, Universitas Gadjah Mada; Prof. Agus Pramusinto
Seminar Session I: Reflection on One Year ASEAN Community: Hope and Anxiety
Moderator: Fatkhurrahman, M.Si.
- Director, Directorate General of ASEAN Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia, Jose Antonio Morato Tavares;
- Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of Cultural Science, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Dr. Ida Rochani Adi; and
- Professor in International Law, University of Indonesia, Prof. Hikmahanto Juwana.
Day 2, 17 November 2016, 08.30-16.00 WIB
Seminar Session II: Dynamics of Information and Communication Technology in ASEAN
Moderator: Gilang Desti Parahita, M.A.
- Director, Center for Communication Policy Study, Sukhotai Thammathirat Open University, Thailand, Prof. Dr. Siriwan Anantho;
- Director, Center for Southeast Asia Social Studies (CESASS), Universitas Gadjah Mada, Dr.phil. Hermin Indah Wahyuni; and
- Editor, The Jakarta Post Digital, Damar Harsanto.
Seminar Session III: Politics and Social Transformation in ASEAN
Moderator: Atin Prabandari, M.A (IR)
- Ambassador of the Republic of Korea for Indonesia 2005-2008, Prof. Lee Sun-Jin;
- Director of ASEAN Studies Center, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Dr. Dafri Agussalim; and,
- Executive Secretary, ASEAN Studies Center, Universitas Indonesia, Shofwan Al Banna Choiruzzad, Ph.D.
Seminar Session IV: Economy and Social Welfare in ASEAN
Moderator: Aninda Dewayanti S.IP.
- Professor in the Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Prof. Dr. Tri Widodo, S.E. Grad.Dip.Ec.Dev., M.Ec.Dev.;
- Program Director of Wonder Women Program, KOPERNIK Indonesia, Nonie Kaban, MBA; and
- Professor in the Center for Southeast Asia Studies (CSEAS), Kyoto University, Japan, Prof. Kosuke Mizuno.
Include: Certificate, Seminar Kit, Lunch & Coffee Breaks