UGM Chancellor, Prof. Ir. Panut Mulyono, M. Eng., D. Eng., IPU., ASEAN Eng., issued Circular Letter Number 1683 / UN1.P / HKL / TR / 2020 Concerning the Maximum Limitation of Activities at the UGM Campus.
According to the Chancellor, the issuance of this circular based on several considerations, such as the number of positive Covid-19 patients and patients under surveillance, increased significantly both in the Special Region of Yogyakarta (DIY) and at the national level. Besides, the capacity of health screening and nursing care equipment in hospitals limited, as well as a large number of non-correspondence activities still carried out on campus.
“The maximum limitation of activities on the UGM campus starts on March 23, 2020,” the Chancellor said on Saturday (3/21).
Regarding that situation, several arrangements enforced. They include:
1. lecturers and education staff entirely do work in their homes (Work from Home);
2. students still attend online learning classes from their homes;
3. non-academic activities on campus temporarily closed;
4. UGM academicians from outside DIY suggested to stay in DIY by Circular of Chancellor No.1606 / UN1.P / HKL / TR / 2020;
5. university entry/exit access reorganized by PK4L. Yet still allowing indispensable or emergency business;
6. internet access restricted to particular environments and times;
7. the Chancellor permits UGM academicians or specific parties, to whom has work interest or other business, especially activities related to COVID-19’s control efforts, or to whom require to enter/exit campus.
The implementation of this decision regulated by the Dean and the head of each work unit, taking into account emergency conditions and safety standards; this decision will be reviewed periodically due regard to regional and national situations.
Translator: Natasa A
Download full version of the circular letter on the following link: