|Commite||:||Directorate of Student Affairs, Gadjah Mada University|
|Event||:||Wednesday,25 November 2020 - Saturday,28 November 2020|
The Student Creativity Program (PKM) was first established in 2001 by the Directorate General of Higher Education to enhance, provide, and discern student creative and innovative ideas. PKM also proposed to lead students to understand creativity and innovation based on mastery of science and technology and high faith. In general, PKM aims to lead students to become obedient to the rules, creative and innovative, and cooperative objectives in building intellectual multifariousness. In PKM, HOTS (Higher Order Thinking Skills) and creative thinking are fostered and developed through the implementation of the Tri Dharma of Higher Education philosophy, which includes education and teaching, research and development, and community service. All fields of PKM are competed in PIMNAS, except PKM-AI because the PKM-AI is a form of a scientific article that is less relevant to the discussion concept in PIMNAS.
PIMNAS is the final stage competition of the Student Creativity Program (PKM), a national scale forum for students to present and communicate through intellectual creations. As the peak of national-scale student scientific activities, PIMNAS is organized in Higher Educations, designated by the Directorate General of Belmawa based on the leaders' willingness and agreement. The objectives of PIMNAS are:
- Becoming a media and centers of communication for students throughout Indonesia;
- Opening opportunities for the development of student potential in scientific activities;
- Intensifying their limits and increase student creativity in the development of science, technology, and arts;
- Increasing the haggling position of students in professional work or society;
- Providing feedback on the teaching and learning process in Higher Education;
- Improving student skills in conveying intellectual work in a scientific forum; and
- Strengthening academic cooperation and kinship within the framework of the Republic of Indonesia.
PIMNAS participants are university students in Indonesia whose scientific work deserves to present their works in PIMNAS. Universitas Gadjah Mada is a tertiary institution that will be the host of the PIMNAS event this year. This event will be carried out virtually to implement a protocol to prevent COVID-19 transmission. The implementation of PIMNAS consists of four major activities, starting from opening, main activity, supporting, and closing.