- Education for generating graduates who are :
- capable, religious, and pious,
- responsible to society prosperity,
- professional and academic capable,
- able to implement, to develop and to enrich the treasure of science, technology, and art (IPTEKS),
- high integrated and have a perspective on nationhood and Indonesian culture,
- independent, creative, innovative, and entrepreneurial.
- Research and Public Services which cover :
- development on science, technology and art in creative and innovative ways to create the nation superiority,
- utilization of the results of science, technology, and art to empower society and to support national and local development,
- researches in basic science and humanity needs to get special attention.
- Cultural enrichment to support independence and the wholeness of the nation and the state.
- The transformation of organization and UGM management to develop
academic superiority and to increase efficiency and productivity
through the implementation ofÂ "administration centralization and
academic decentralization" principles (SADA).
- The provision of campus instrument and infrastructure to support UGM position into internationally qualified level.
- The development of UGM working networks leading to development of a
society which is democratic, just, and prosperous in a way with