Rector of Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM) Prof. Ir. Sudjarwadi, M.Eng., Ph.D. received a visit by HIPMI (Indonesian Young Entrepreneurs Association) of Yogyakarta in his office, Friday afternoon (12/2). The visit was to tighten relationship and to look into cooperation possibility and was attended by Vice Rector for Student, Alumni, and Business Development, Prof. Ir. Atyanto Dharoko, M.Phil., Ph.D., and Director of Student Affairs, Drs. Haryanto, M.Si.
In the discussion, the Rector said that he expected UGM graduatesÂ to create jobs. He targeted that 15% of UGM students can do this. â€œSo, the 85% of the graduates will look for jobs, whereas the remaining 15%Â are able to create them,â€ said Sudjarwadi. Assistance and cooperation with practitioners, particularly the young entrepreneurs in Yogyakarta, are surely needed.
The Rector also asked HIPMI to build villages jointly to reduce poverty rate and to create a prosperous, or even rich, society. UGM program to build the villages will start in 2011 and now talks with Regents are still going on. â€œUGM wants to become HIPMIâ€™s partner and being offered courses, and talented students being taught to be entrepreneurs,â€ said the Rector.
In response, General Secretary of HIPMI, Ajiek Tarmidzi, expressed his readiness to help and cooperate with UGM. He hoped that the signing of MoU can be immediately done. HIPMI is ready to arrange schedules of the young entrepreneurs for UGM, because HIPMI consists of many departments and compartments which usually train people to be entrepreneurs. â€œJoint activities will be arranged soon in this cooperation. UGM can provides research results and the technology, then the young entrepreneurs will market them,â€ said Ajiek Tarmidzi and Taufik Ridwan.
Also joining the HIPMI group were: Chairman I, Johnson Simbolon, Secretary General, Ajiek Tarmidzi, Vice Secretary General, Tyas Enka, and others: Ridho Sinto Mardaris, Luvi Lukman, Firmansyah, Taufik Ridwan and Management of HIPMI Sleman Branch, and a few others.