YOGYAKARTA- Campus development master plan of Universitas Gadjah Mada from 2005 to 2015 is to give direction to the development of educopolis area, namely a conducive environment to the learning process in the context of the development of multidisciplinary collaborations which is responsive to ecological issues. Campus bicycle service management policy is one manifestation of that vision. The use of bicycles in the campus environment in addition to healthy living, it is also expected to tighten relationship among students as future leaders in various fields of expertise.
Transportation infrastructure within the campus is managed by considering various aspects of safety, convenience, clean air, and connectedness among different parts of the campus. Therefore, priority is given differently on different types of transport forms, i.e walking is the first priority, followed by non-motorized transport, public transport, and the last is private motor vehicles.
Starting on July 26, 2011, Campus Bicycle has been in operation and ready to serve the academic community and visitors to UGM. For academicians and visitors who will use Campus Bicycles, please contact the nearest station.
There are 8 stations and one sub-station ready to serve your journey. Simply show your ID card to the officer at the station, and the bicycles can be used instantly.
The key words:
Campus bike only serves between stations, within the campus environment while the maximum duration of use is 30 minutes. The purpose of this service is that each bike can be used interchangeably by many people.
Locations of Campus Bicycle Stations:
1.Biology Park Station in front of the Western Sector of Campus Security Unit Office
2. Library Station, east of UGM Library
3. Valley Station, in the east parking lot of Faculty of Law
4. Student Center Station, in the yard of Student Center (station officer is in the Management Office of Student Center)
5. Agro Fauna Cluster Station, in the Security Post of Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences
6. Vocational Cluster Station, in the south of the Security Post of Vocational School
7. Engineering Cluster Station, in the south of Auditorium of Faculty of Engineering
8. Health Cluster Station, in the Security Post of Faculty of Dentistry, and
9. GMC Sub-Station, in the yard of GMC
Information on campus bicycle service can be obtained through:
1. Website: http://sepedakampus.ugm.ac.id
2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Facebook: UGM Campus Bicycle (group)
4. Twitter: @ SepedaKampusUGM
5. Phone: 0274-6991555
6. Campus Bicycle Secretariat: Bulaksumur Block B-20 Yogyakarta