After a series of dialogue and discussion involving dean’s offices at faculties and director of Vocational School with students, to respond to the issue of Single Tuition system, here are several points to observe:
1. Single Tuition (UKT) for students class of 2016/2017 has been decided not to increase since 28 April 2016. So, the UKT amount for students class of 2016/2017 is the same with that of students class of 2015/2016. On 28 April 2016 it was decided that UGM does not require advance money for new students in the independent mechanism.
2. The Single Tuition (UKT) for new students and reduction of UKT for students who have requested so are made by considering the economic condition of the family and number of family members who are still dependent.
3. The amount of education fee after Semester VIII for students in Sarjana and D4 programmes, and after Semester VI for students of D3 is 50% of the last paid UKT.
4. Group adjustment of UKT (increase or decrease) whether temporary or permanent, and stipulations on delays of UKT payment is determined in two Rector’s Decree (draft is here di sini).
5. Related to education fee for Professional programme, it is being deliberated at each of Faculty’s programme office.
6. Related to ranges between groups of UKT for S1 Biology and D4 Midwifery study programmes, Group 3 of UKT is adjusted as below:
1. Study Programme S1 Biology from Rp5,500,000.00 to Rp4,500,000.00;
2. Study Programme D4 Midwifery from Rp9,600,000.00 to Rp8,500,000.00.
7. Related to scholarships on PPA (Peningkatan Prestasi Akademik) and BBP-PPA (Bantuan Biaya Pendidikan untuk Peningkatan Prestasi Akademik), the University is seeking for the similar scholarship to be available beginning semester I academic year 2016/2017 in a limited amount in line with University’s financial ability, and will be increased in stages in financial year 2017.